Product safety tests that can be performed under accreditation are, as follows:
- Power measurement
- Humidity test
- Measurement of air and creepage distances
- The measure of distance through isolation
- Earth resistance measurement
- (Earth) Leakage current measurement
- Insulation Resistance test
- Abnormal operation and single fault condition
- Dielectric and electrical strength test
- Reverse changing current from a Lithium battery
- Temperature test
- Measuring EM fields regarding exposure to people
- The degree of protection provided by enclosures (IPx3 - IpX5)
- The mechanical strength of the housing (IK2 to IK9)
- Test durability and readability of labels
- And others.
Product safety tests that can be performed outside of the accreditation are, for instance:
- Flammability testing (UL94-HB to V0 and Needle Flame in compliance with EN/IEC 60695-2-2)
- Environmental testing (among other things, dry heat, cold and damp heat cycle)
- The degree of protection provided by enclosures (IPx1 - IP4X and IPx1 - IPX2)
- Testing ECG equipment
- Testing the resistance of medical devices against pulses caused by defibrillation discharges
- Impulse test up to 5 kV
- And others.
Do you have an electrical product that needs LVD compliance testing?
Get in touch with us at Clever Compliance and we will help you get your product tested for LVD compliance. Visit our product compliance marketplace to find the service you need or have a look at our compliance management system for effective product compliance.